250 g butter
1 teaspoon grated orange rind
1 cup castor sugar
1/4 cup orange juice
3/4 cup cold mashed pumpkin
1/2 cup finely chopped mashed prunes
2 cups self-rising flour
1/3 cup milk
1. Cream butter, orange rind and sugar together until light and fluffy.
2. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
3. Stir in orange juice, pumpkin and prunes, then sifted flour alternately with enough milk to give a soft consistency.
4. Spread into greased deep 20 cm round cake tin with base lined with greaseproof paper, oven 1 to 1.1/4 hours.
5. Stand 5 minutes, turn onto wire rack to cool.
Serves 4 (Sweet)
Source: Taste the World: Thebarton Senior College. A Multicultural Recipe Book produced by DOYAN A Young Achievement Australia Company (Thebarton [Adelaide], n.d.).