Thursday, January 26, 2017

Australian Cakes

1 lb. of flour
5 eggs
1 lb. of sifted sugar
pineapple flavouring

Method: Break the eggs into a basin, beat in the sugar, and when well mixed let it stand for 1/2 an hour; sift the flour, and stir it in by degrees; add pineapple flavouring to taste, then pour into a Yorkshire pudding-tin that has been buttered and sprinkled with flour and sugar; bake in a moderate oven until quite firm. When cold cut into fingers, pile on a dish, and sprinkle with sugar. Time - 20 to 30 minutes to bake. Sufficient for 2 or 3 dozen fingers.

Source: Memory Lane Cookbook (Rotary Club of Naracoorte, 1986), p.8.

2 comments:

  1. They sound like something I could cope with! I'll go straight to ordering some pineapple essence - can't believe I don't have any already!!! Cheers Anne

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe that I don't own pineapple essence either -- a *major* oversight!

    ReplyDelete

"A BIRD IN THE BUSH IS WORTH TWO IN THE TOWN."